Re: [Nolug] Android phone apps for Linux cmdline geeks

From: Philip Amadeo Saeli <psaeli_at_zorodyne.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 13:59:33 -0500

* Mischa D. Krilov <rossum@gmail.com> [2013-06-21 08:20:54 -0500]:
> Frankly, I thought a Google account was required to set up an Android phone.

I am able to make and receive calls, send and receive SMS msgs, and use,
e.g., the camera app and some of the built-in apps without having had to
establish or use a Google account.

Having had been a flip-phone use for many years (this is my very first
smart phone of any type!), I do not yet miss any of the other apps on
the phone. My Nokia N810 Internet Tablet was a separate deal (WiFi
only), and I used that for my Linux-y things. Now that I have the very
powerful (HW wise) Android phone, I'd like to combine everything on to
the one device as much as possible.

BTW, I still have an old Palm Tungsten E2 that has my PIM apps on it.
The hardware is failing, but it still works. I would like to move the
PIM data from that to the new phone.

--Phil

--
Philip Amadeo Saeli