Re: RE: [Nolug] WIN98SE ICS Server, Linux Client Help

From: jdtiede_at_bellsouth.net
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 10:05:01 -0500

I think BS will furnish an ethernet modem if you insist and make it a condition of your going with them. They recommended an Alcatel modem for Linux, which I have never succeeded in getting to work in Linux, but that was two years ago. I think they did that out of ignorance. The service has been pretty reliable. Mailbox access slows down for 2-3 days every month when they do "maintenance" (more buggy sofware from MS?).