[Nolug] Cox's idea about fighting spam

From: Charles Jouglard <pcguy1_at_cox.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 23:04:38 -0500

Before this turns into a political or bashing thread, please feel free to
email or call me directly to discuss these types of issues.

BTW, Cox isn't against Linux or *nix based systems. We have them throughout
our network and many servers running on and controlling various aspects of
the backbone. I have two or three full racks full in the New Orleans system.

The only reason we don't support Linux on customer's workstations is there
are just too many different flavors out there.

Can you imagine spending many hours compiling the latest Kernal just the way
you want it and some Windows born technician coming in and playing with it
and or crashing it?????

Charles Jouglard
Senior System Engineer
Cox Communications LoUiSiAna, LLC