[Nolug] More Email Questions

From: J. Kent Busbee, Jr. <buz_at_penwel.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 15:42:58 -0500

Thanks all for the tremendous feedback on which email tools to go with.
I will be installing using sendmail, mimedefang, spamassassin, and
clamav. I may call on a few of you for help.

Ok, here is the questions:

I am setting up an email server. What is the best security settings for
setting up users who will be getting their email via pop. I guess that
I will have to use adduser to add the users to the system. (Or is there
some method for adding email users to the system -with a mailbox-
without adding them as system users?) But, can they be set with NO
shell and No home directory? Is that a good idea for security?