Re: [Nolug] DNS question

From: Mark A. Hershberger <mah_at_everybody.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 15:21:29 -0500

"J. Kent Busbee, Jr." <buz@penwel.com> writes:

> I am not sure what the first ::1 is, just got it from the default I
> think.

That is the IPv6 equivilent of 127.0.0.1.

> Also, I have things listed twice... Not sure why I did that.

Probably added by scripts that didn't know better.

> May have something to do with some specific with a . After them... Could
> this be part of the prob?

I doubt it. The trailing dot just says that the name is fully
qualified.

What is the domain that you are having trouble with?

Mark.

--
As long as you have mystery you have health; when you destroy mystery
you create morbidity.			     -- G.K. Chesterson