Re: [Nolug] NOLUG Clubhouse

From: Scott Harney <scotth_at_scottharney.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 13:18:04 -0500

"Chris Reames" <chris@drugfreemro.com> writes:

> Brett,
> This is an excellent question.
> Who would know, or have a copy of the charter?
> UNO probably could not give us the dedicated space we would need. Possibly
> a closet in one of the common areas, but that's unlikely as well. We need a
> place we can keep machines running and possibly install DSL.
> I guess we need to figure out who 'owns' the group before we make wild and
> glorious plans ;)

UNO definitely doesn't own the group. I founded it with Hunter Hutchinson in
1999. Currently the list is run by joey kelly and the website and DNS are
run by me. The only association with UNO is that we always had students
involved who were able to secure space. UNO seems to like having us there.

So I guess I'll assert "ownership" such at is is. As far as I'm concerned
if you can find a home in someone's business or church for a Lab like
scenario that would be fantastic. Perhaps a library is a possibility as
well. That is what BRLUG does.

And of course we can look further into UNO as well if they're interested
in having us.

--
Scott Harney<scotth@scottharney.com>
"...and one script to rule them all."