Re: Networked refrigerators (was Re: [Nolug] Vint Cerf talk (my notes from his talk at LSU))

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 13:34:39 -0500

On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 11:12, Brad N Bendily wrote:
> > Actually, I don't ever think that Tivo has a remote-over-network
> > control feature.
>

> I have seen a box that had this feature. It wasn't a Tivo brand name,
> but some console divx player...
> Here is the site, i just found it, didn't remember the name:
>
> http://www.kiss-technology.com/templates/sidelevel1pid411.html
>
> They have several more boxes than when I last saw their product line.
> When I looked they only had 2 boxes and they were very expensive.
>
> Now, the one console unit that plays 10 different video formats is
> $150. That's not bad, cheaper than buying an XBox and hacking it up.
>
> However, i'm not sure if you can buy these here in the US.

http://www.kiss-technology.com/templates/sidelevel1pid352.html
 "Distribution in USA admin@mtsbs.com"

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA
"Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty: power is ever
stealing from the many to the few. The manna of popular liberty
must be gathered each day, or it is rotten... The hand entrusted
with power becomes, either from human depravity or esprit de
corps, the necessary enemy of the people. Only by continual
oversight can the democrat in office be prevented from hardening
into a despot: only by unintermitted agitation can a people be
kept sufficiently awake to principle not to let liberty be
smothered in material prosperity... Never look, for an age when
the people can be quiet and safe. At such times despotism, like
a shrouding mist, steals over the mirror of Freedom"
Wendell Phillips