Re: [Nolug] Distro suggestions

From: Mark A. Hershberger <mah_at_everybody.org>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 17:06:39 -0600

Joey Kelly <joey@joeykelly.net> writes:

> I can sympathize with the zealots on this issue; however, I get highly
> irritated when *some* make comments insinuating that I'm selling out because
> I choose to run something else besides the One True Distro (be that a Linux
> distro, or a *BSD).

Since dict is my tool of choice tonight:
 ________________________________
/
| $ dict sellout
| 1 definition found
|
| From WordNet (r) 2.0 [wn]:
|
| sellout
| n : an act of betrayal
\________________________________

Just in case others get confused here (because I did use the phrase
"sell out"), I make a clear distinction between a company that
maintains a particular Linux distribution "selling out" its users and
the users of that distribution.

The users of a particular Linux distribution are not (until further
evidence is given, at least) "sellouts" if they happen to use a
distribution that isn't my favorite.

Mark.

(Can anyone tell I've got too much time on my hands?)

--
Peace is only better than war if peace isn't hell, too.
    -- Walker Percy, "The Second Coming"