Re: [Nolug] network terminology

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 09:10:35 -0600

On Mon, 2004-02-02 at 18:19, -ray wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Feb 2004, Joey Kelly wrote:
>
> > On Monday 02 February 2004 17:56, Jeff Lee spake:
> > > Loopback?? Im new to this... obviously.

[snip]
> He meant loop device, not loopback. He was talking about mounting an iso
> cd image using the loop device, ie:

Yes, I sure did. Sorry for the confusion.

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA
"Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect
liberty when the Government's purposes are beneficent. Men born
to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty
by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in
insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning, but without
understanding."
Justice Louis Brandeis, dissenting, Olmstead v US (1928)