Re: [Nolug] camera card reader

From: Mark A. Hershberger <mah_at_everybody.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 09:33:57 -0600

Manuel Lora <vanguardist@cox.net> writes:

> For simple devices, you all seem to be trying too hard. Just
> autoload the modules (all the ones you need) when the computer
> boots. Then you don't need a) kernel hotplug support or b) any
> userland tools.

Fair enough. But, to me, the point is to be able to plug something
in and have it "just work" without restricting myself to a static set
of devices.

Using usbmgr and autofs, all I have to do is plug a card reader in and
look at the mount point (in, say, nautilus). Voila! It shows up and I
have permission to read and write whatever is there.

I prefer flexibility.

Mark.

--
Peace is only better than war if peace isn't hell, too.
    -- Walker Percy, "The Second Coming"