RE: [Nolug] help with long email threads

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 21:02:43 -0600

On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 19:36, John Souvestre wrote:
> Hi Ron.
>
> Yes, people read top to bottom, that's why top posting makes sense. The
> post is what they want to read. The rest is just there for reference. Most
> of the time there's no need to read it.

I have to use Outlook at work, and it's such an aggrivation to
have to be CC'd on a email that's the from the middle of a
long thread.

Then I have to start at the bottom, and read down a few paragraphs.
Then go up to it's reply and read down, then go up and read down
more, go up and read down, etc, etc, etc.

Whereas if people had done proper inline- and bottom-posting,
and judicious snipping, I could read top-to-bottom narration, just
like the language is supposed to be.

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA
"I have steadily endeavored to keep my mind free, so as to give
up any hypothesis, however much beloved -- and I cannot resist
forming one on every subject -- as soon as facts are shown to be
opposed to it."
Charles Darwin (1809-1882)