Re: [Nolug] Cool wired house in Old Metairie

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 22:19:00 -0500

On Mon, 2004-07-19 at 16:44 -0500, Dustin Puryear wrote:
> [...]
[snip]
> I haven't heard of a similar study on children and PCs. I actually think
> that PCs may be beneficial. In my experience most people using a PC do a
> single task for a long time (e.g., the Internet, homework) rather than
> constantly task-switching. Then again, who stays on the same website for
> more than a few minutes?

I stay on a page as long as it takes for me to read it.

However, "kids pages" are designed to look like hyperactive TV,
so any benefits of the take-your-time web are lost.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA
PGP Key ID 8834C06B
"Lead the people with governmental measures and regulate them by
law and punishments, and they will avoid wrongdoing, but will
have no sense of honor and shame. Lead them by virtue and
regulate them by the rules of propriety and they will have a
sense of shame and, moreover, set themselves right."
Confucius