[Nolug] Re: OT: Politics

From: Mark A. Hershberger <mah_at_everybody.org>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 16:46:38 -0400

Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> writes:

>> One of my favorite bumper stickers is "Don't like abortions? Don't have
>> one!" I think it's a very personal decision and the answer varies with
>> the circumstances.
>
> The issue/problem here, though, is that there is a large (hah!,
> define "large") group of people who think that abortion really is
> "murdering babies". Thus, they are stirred to action.

Exactly.

If everyone agreed that abortion was a personal choice and not murder
(which society always condemns), then no one would have a problem with
prospective parents being the only ones involved in the decision.

However, for those of us who see abortion as the taking of innocent
life, society must hold those who take innocent life culpable for
their actions.

So, bumper stickers are great, but mostly meaningless in this
particular debate.

Mark.

--
A choice between one man and a shovel, or a dozen men with teaspoons
is clear to me, and I'm sure it is clear to you also.