Re: [Nolug] Re: OT: Politics

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 16:17:13 -0500

On Thu, 2004-08-05 at 16:46 -0400, Mark A. Hershberger wrote:
> Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> writes:
>
> >> One of my favorite bumper stickers is "Don't like abortions? Don't have
> >> one!" I think it's a very personal decision and the answer varies with
> >> the circumstances.
> >
> > The issue/problem here, though, is that there is a large (hah!,
> > define "large") group of people who think that abortion really is
> > "murdering babies". Thus, they are stirred to action.
>
> Exactly.
>
> If everyone agreed that abortion was a personal choice and not murder
> (which society always condemns), then no one would have a problem with
> prospective parents being the only ones involved in the decision.
>
> However, for those of us who see abortion as the taking of innocent
> life, society must hold those who take innocent life culpable for
> their actions.

But selfishness (a.k.a situational ethics) usually prevails.

"Well, I know this will kill the baby, but I don't want my parents
and friends to see me pregnant. And I just couldn't bear to give
that cute little baby up for adoption, after 9 months. So, I'll
get Planned Parenthood to help me justify calling is a 'non-viable
tissue mass', and get it sucked out."

[QUOTE]
Casey asked Johnson if doctors tell a woman that the abortion procedure
they might use includes "sucking the brain out of the skull."
"I don't think we would use those terms," Johnson said. "I think we
would probably use a term like 'decompression of the skull' or 'reducing
the contents of the skull.'"
The judge responded, "Make it nice and palatable so that they wouldn't
understand what it's all about?"
Johnson, though, said doctors merely want to be sensitive.
[/QUOTE]
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?
tmpl=story&cid=519&ncid=519&e=7&u=/ap/20040401/ap_on_re_us/abortion_lawsuits_31

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA
PGP Key ID 8834C06B
"Being Politically Correct means always having to say you're
sorry."
Charles Osgood