Re: [Nolug] Cox Problem

From: Brett D. Estrade <estrabd_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 11:44:20 -0600

> So if I were to call Cox at this point in time with a network outage
> report, I wouldn't get responses like the following (this is an exact
> quote):
>
> "We're aware of the problem in your area, but we don't know what it is
> or if they are working on it."
>
> Does the move also include support for CBS ?
>
> If that's the case, I might be willing to give Cox (business though, not
> residential with its caps) another try...
>
> Jeremy

I think at this point Charles has done more than could be asked of him -
as a Cox empoyee AND as NOLUG member. Cox is not stupid, but the folks
you are talking to on the phone are most likely not their network gurus.
 They have better things to do than field calls from every customer who
says they know better even though the only picture they can paint is
through pinging. I know from experience that while the people are not
even close to experts, the folks behind the scene are.