Re: [Nolug] SCO and now Microsoft + Novell attacking Linux

From: Petri Laihonen <pietu_at_weblizards.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 09:39:11 -0600

I've done Ubuntu server LAMP setup from scratch in 15 minutes.
Only problem I had was to find the apache configs as the layout differs
a lot from RHEL systems I have mostly dealt with.

I have to say that in desktop, ubuntu is the easiest distro I've set up
and used. (I prefer mepis' menus though....) I even got the atheros
based pcmcia card to connect to my wpa-psk secured network automatically
when inserting the card. Previously I've had to do research and tweaking
and experimenting for days in order to try to achieve the same. (which
btw... failed eventually due to lack of time I have available...)

Eventually there might be something better available, but now I'm
satisfied with ubuntu.

Petri